Thursday, February 28, 2008

Two Weeks and No Game

There was no session this past week.

The weather and a comedy of other things killed it. One of those things that had any one thing gone differently we would have played.

I certainly can’t say I’m blameless, but oh well. It’s too late now.

We better be able to play this week though. I think I’m going through withdrawal.

As for the game itself, I think I need to loosen up a little bit on the difficulty level on the players. The only issue with that is that I know what kind of the stuff the party could get and I’ve heard plenty of things about the dungeon giving out a lot of treasure – after the first little bit.

To give a bit more in actual Rappan Athuk, my goal is to have more in-dungeon combats, and less in-wilderness combats.

So no more d6’s are being rolled for random encounter, we’re back to the d12. In non-traveled wilderness a 1 or 2 is an encounter, but on trails only 1 indicates an encounter of some kind. And now that the party is slightly higher in level, the combats won’t be so draining, so that should help as well.

The more I look at the new 4E recovery rules (modified for 3E), the more I like them and am fairly sure we’re going to adopt unless someone in the group puts up a good argument against the idea.

I’m getting eager to find other 4E rules that can be adapted to our game that won’t change what we have set up already. I know there have been changes to the hit point gains when leveling (no more rolling for hp), but I think we’ll be sticking with what I’ve made.

I’m also wondering if I should contact Necromancer games to see if it’s ok to scan the maps and show them online to make it easier for readers to follow the group’s exploits like I did with the WLD.

See you in a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home