Friday, February 10, 2006

Note to Wizards of the Coast & Hasbro

Dear Wotc,

I really like the Spell Compendium and I suggest it to everyone who plays a class with any spellcasting ability.
Your "Complete" series of books so far have been "Ok", but has some nice new things to work with.
I like the variety of creatures listed in the Monster Manuals.

But please, PLEASE stop it with this Eberron crap.
It's worthless pile of pondscum that smells worse than Al-Qadim, Maztica, and "Sigil" combined.
Stop it with the cross-promotion junk as well. I do not give a rat's ass how I can icorporate monster X from the Monster Manual III into my Eberron campaign.
It's a world that did not need to be created and stop putting out anything for it more than once a year. There are other campaign settings that could use a revival that don't make me want to hit someone.

And as for psionics, stop it!
Please stop trying to make it work.
It's another waste of WotC resources that could be used for something better.

Do you realize how irritating it is to go to my FLGS (Yottaquest) and leave with nothing new because "all that's due out this month is Eberron"?
You can't just leave a game store without having bought something.
It's immoral and it's your fault.

Thank you.

General note to those of you who read this blog regularly: Please don't take my rants too seriously, unless you actually work for WotC. If so, then I'd like to invite you to my house for a night of fun with me, your (smurf)s, and this drawer.
(Thank you Dan Akroyd and Tom Hanks.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tell em!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eberron is WotC's way to sell a lot of crap. They were running out of big ticket items for cash flow and a new must replace everything with new line up was their answer.

And frankly it was the wrong answer.

11:02 AM  
Blogger BlueBlackRed said...

That's putting it mildly.

I just hope they realize the mistake they've made a fix the problem by putting out some quality and useful products.

Eberron, Psionics anything, Races of, and anything else that is a new version of magic (incarnum) - none of them are worth $10, much less $30.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just find Ebberon puzzling. How did they decide that medieval robots were what people wanted in their fantasy? I just thought it was me --- being too old and too curmudgeonly --- unlike (apparently) most of the rest of the world I don't care for anime... and I thought I just didn't "get" Ebberon because I was too old... but the more people I talk to, I have yet to find anyone who likes Ebberon. Maybe everyone I know is also an old fart...
My problem with Ebberon is that it is different from the standard swords and sorcery of D&D, but not SO different as to feel original or new. It's just D&D with robots.
I read your WLD blog a while back and am gratified to see the new campaign -- I guess that gives me something else to read now...

5:20 PM  
Blogger BlueBlackRed said...

To me, the immediate turn off of Eberron was the trains powered by lightning.

I've talked to a few others who liked the idea of it, but eventually lost interest for something more "D&Dish".

And I'm glad to have you back as a reader Stefan.
:)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home